Catholic Family Services ensures equal housing opportunity in all its housing ventures and complies with all fair housing and equal housing laws. Housing programs within the agency affirmatively market housing options and work with individuals to help them identify their housing needs and barriers, then help them to develop a plan to resolve those barriers and meet those needs.
- Fair Housing Literature (from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development) is available at all agency sites providing housing services.
- Individuals interested in housing services receive a copy of the "Fair Housing, It's Your Right" brochure.
- All individuals who are placed in housing or assisted with housing by Catholic Family Services are given the most recent copy of "Fair Housing: Equal Opportunity for All" to review and are provided clarification and assistance as needed to ensure they understand their housing rights.
- All applicants for housing are considered based on qualifications -- no applicant or contractor will be denied housing or a contract based on their race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, familial status, and/or handicap.
- All agency housing staff are given a copy of the "Fair Housing: Equal Opportunity for All" handbook and provided additional housing training. Supplemental information is made available via the website www.hud.gov/fairhousing.